Please eMail debian @
de with feedback.
For problem reports, please include necessary information,
which in most cases means:
- Time at which the problem occoured
- Your IP
- what does mirrorbits think? You get that info by appending "?mirrorlist"
to your request-URL.
The purpose of this server is to direct you to a nearby mirror server for downloading
Debian CDs. It is not operated by the Debian project or the Debian SysAdmin Team, it
is just a personal pet project.
The only information this server collects about you are what is in the usual webserver logs.
For every request, it logs:
This information is used for:
- The requested URL (obviously)
- The date and time of the request
- The user agent your browser sent
- The "referrer" your browser sent (if any)
- Your IP address
This information is explicitly NOT:
- generating statistics about the use of the server
- debugging issues with this server
- being able to detect abuse, hacking attempts, and other mischief
Cookies are not used. Neither are privacy-invading third party
services like "Google Analytics".
- transferred to third parties (unless legally required, e.g. by a court order)
- kept permanently (it is deleted automatically when logs are rotated over after about two weeks)
- used to target advertising
The only external service used are OpenStreetMap-tiles for displaying
maps, on those pages that display maps. Your browser will
connect to the OpenStreetMap tileservers at *.tile.openstreetmap.org
to fetch the images that make up the map ("tiles").
These tileservers are operated by
the OpenStreetMap Foundation, 132 Maney Hill Road, Sutton Coldfield,
West Midlands B72 1JU, United Kingdom (short OSMF).
There is however a big "but": As stated before, the whole point of this
server is to redirect you to a random nearby mirror server. Each of
these servers is operated by different people, in different countries
and jurisdictions all over the world. And while we can tell you
what WE do with your data, there is no telling what